Corsages are a traditional part of the wedding day. They are seen as a symbol of deep appreciation of the females who are chosen to wear them. They are small flower bouquets that should generally be of neutral colour or one that complements the attire being worn by each individual. Corsages can also be worn in different areas – the left side of a woman’s jacket, dress, on her handbag, around her wrist, in her hair, on a hat, or at the waist.
How to attach a corsage
A corsage is usually attached with a pearl-headed pin, but it can also be attached using a magnet for those who are concerned about ruining their dress, jacket, or handbag. The pin is pushed through from the back, through the corsage, and then back through the garment.
Step-by-step guide to attaching a corsage
Here is an easy guide to pinning a corsage.
• Put one hand behind the corsage and hold the stem with the other, making sure the flowers are facing toward the individual pinning them.
• Place the corsage at an angle on the dress or jacket, preferably about 4 inches from the tip of the shoulder.
• Ensure the corsage is evenly placed.
• Using the corsage pin, pin into the fabric at the bottom left corner of the stem.
• Weave the pin out from under the fabric, pushing it about one inch through and placing it at an angle over the stem’s top.
• Push the tip of the pin into the fabric on the other side of the stem.
• Make sure the stem is secured in place.
• Weave the pin out of the back of the fabric again.
• Repeat the steps with the corsage pin at the top left corner of the stem which is just under the flowers.
When finished, make sure the pin is not sticking out, and also make sure it is not poking the skin. If the corsage is a bit heavy, use two corsage pins to ensure the corsage will stay put during the course of the day. As stated, corsage magnets are also available, and they are much less complicated.
Wedding corsages are an important component to consider when planning your Geraldton wedding flower requirements. You local specialist Geraldton florist, Amour Flower can help plan yours!
One of the most important things about planning your wedding, is deciding where it’s going to be located. Many still choose the traditional church wedding, while others opt for something a little different. When it comes to wedding locations, Geraldton has many beautiful places that can become ideal wedding venues, and some may be ones you have never considered! Make the most of Geraldton’s fine weather by enjoying your wedding in the great outdoors in the warmer months. (more…)
When you picture most wedding bouquets, they’re usually filled with traditional flowers like roses, lillies and chrysanthemums, but while these are undoubtedly beautiful flowers, they’re not native to Australia which has its own unique and special flora! Why not make the most of our native plants, by getting inspiration from native flowers wedding bouquets, and finding something truly unique for your wedding? (more…)